your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

У Росії затримали театрального режисера Кирила Серебреннікова

Слідчий комітет Росії повідомив 22 серпня про затримання театрального режисера, художнього керівника московського театру «Гоголь-центр» Кирила Серебреннікова.

Його підозрюють в організації розкрадання на суму щонайменше 68 мільйонів рублів (це близько 30 мільйонів гривень). Слідство вказує, що ці кошти були виділені в 2011 – 2014 роках на реалізацію проекту «Платформа».

Дії режисера кваліфікуються слідством за ч. 4 ст. 159 Кримінального кодексу Росії – шахрайство в особливо великому розмірі. Слідство має намір висунути Кирилу Серебреннікову звинувачення в скоєнні злочину, а також вирішити питання про обрання запобіжного заходу.

У травні відбувся обшук у квартирі режисера, влітку були затримані кілька посадовців очолюваного Серебренніковим театру. Сам Серебренніков прокоментував обшуки словами: «Я повністю шокований і здивований».

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

US-S. Korea Begin Military Drills; North Makes Fiery Threat

North Korea’s military Tuesday greeted the start of annual U.S.-South Korean military drills with its standard fiery threats, vowing “merciless retaliation” for exercises Pyongyang claims are an invasion rehearsal.

North Korea routinely issues such warlike rhetoric or conducts weapons tests to respond to the U.S.-South Korean exercises. Tuesday’s threat came as top U.S. generals, including Adm. Harry Harris, the commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific, visited South Korea. Ties between the Koreas are almost always fraught, but anxiety is higher than normal following weeks of tit-for-tat threats between U.S. President Donald Trump and Pyongyang in the wake of the North’s two intercontinental ballistic missile tests last month.

The U.S. generals were to travel to the site of a contentious U.S. missile-defense system in South Korea later Tuesday.

​11 days of military exercises

The North’s military statement said it will launch an unspecified “merciless retaliation and unsparing punishment” on the United States over the Ulchi Freedom Guardian drills that began Monday for an 11-day run.

Despite the threat, an unprompted direct attack is extremely unlikely because the United States vastly outguns Pyongyang, which values the continuation of its dictatorship above all else. Impoverished North Korea hates the drills in part because they force it to respond with expensive military measures of its own.

The North Korean statement accused the United States of deploying unspecified lethal weapons for the drills that it says involve a “beheading operation” training aimed at removing absolute ruler Kim Jong Un.

“No one can vouch that these huge forces concentrated in South Korea will not go over to an actual war action now that the military tensions have reached an extreme pitch in the Korean peninsula,” the statement said. “Moreover, high-ranking bosses of the U.S. imperialist aggressor forces flew into South Korea to hold a war confab. Such huddle is increasing the gravity of the situation.”

Exercises mostly on computer

The drills are largely computer-simulated war games held every summer and have drawn furious responses from North Korea. This year’s exercise involves 17,500 American troops and 50,000 South Korean soldiers, according to the U.S. military command in South Korea and Seoul’s Defense Ministry.

No field training like live-fire exercises or tank maneuvering is involved in the Ulchi drills, in which alliance officers sit at computers to practice how they would engage in battles and hone their decision-making capabilities. The allies have said the drills are defensive in nature.

Last month North Korea test-launched two ICBMs at highly lofted angles, and outside experts say those missiles can reach Alaska, Los Angeles or Chicago if fired at normal, flattened trajectories. Analysts say it will be only a matter of time for the North to achieve its long-stated goal of acquiring a nuclear missile that can strike anywhere in the United States.

Earlier this month, Trump pledged to answer North Korean aggression with “fire and fury.” North Korea, for its part, threatened to launch missiles toward the American territory of Guam before Kim Jong Un said he would first watch how Washington acts before going ahead with the missile launch plan.

 

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

НАЗК затвердила результати повної перевірки е-декларацій 8 членів Кабміну

Національне агентство із запобігання корупції затвердило результати повної перевірки електронних декларацій за 2015 і 2016 роки, поданих вісьмома членами Кабінету міністрів України.

Як повідомляє прес-служба НАЗК, рішення ухвалили на основі моніторингу і перевірки декларацій щодо майна, коштів і корпоративних прав, придбаних декларантами після квітня 2015 року.

Серед суб’єктів декларування, за якими затверджені результати повної перевірки декларацій – віце-прем’єр-міністр В’ячеслав Кириленко (за 2015 рік), віце-прем’єр-міністр Володимир Кістіон (за 2015 і 2016 роки), віце-прем’єр-міністр – міністр регіонального розвитку, будівництва та житлово-комунального господарства Геннадій Зубко (за 2015 рік), міністр Кабміну Олександр Саєнко (за 2015 рік), міністр молоді та спорту Ігор Жданов (за 2015 і 2016 роки), міністр закордонних справ Павло Клімкін (за 2016 рік), міністр екології та природних ресурсів Остап Семерак (за 2016 рік), міністр інформаційної політики Юрій Стець (за 2016).

«Уповноважені особи НАЗК встановили, що підстави для притягнення суб’єктів декларування до адміністративної або кримінальної відповідальності відсутні. Підставою для настання кримінальної відповідальності згідно зі статтею 368-2 Кримінального кодексу України є набуття з 26 квітня 2015 року особою, уповноваженою на виконання функцій держави або місцевого самоврядування, у власність активів у значному розмірі, законність підстав набуття яких не підтверджено доказами, а так само передача нею таких активів будь-якій іншій особі», – йдеться в повідомленні.

Минулого місяця НАЗК затвердила результати повної перевірки декларацій дев’яти урядовців за 2015 рік.

Система електронного декларування статків високопосадовцями є однією з вимог закону «Про запобігання корупції». Перший етап подання електронних декларацій завершився наприкінці жовтня 2016 року. Друга хвиля електронного декларування почалася 1 січня 2017 року і тривала до 1 квітня для службових і посадових осіб, які працюють в органах влади та місцевого самоврядування, у державних та комунальних установах, закладах і організаціях.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

В Україну вирушила перша партія вугілля зі США

В Україну вирушила перша партія американського вугілля, постачання якого передбачає угода між українською державною компанією «Центренерго» та американською компанією XCoal Energy and Resources.

Як інформує ввечері 21 серпня посольство України у США, посол Валерій Чалий взяв участь у церемонії відправки в морському порту Балтімора. З американської сторони участь у заході взяли заступник міністра торгівлі США Ізраель Ернандес, помічник Міністра енергетики США з міжнародних питань Уелс Гріффіт та керівництво компанії XCoal.

Домовленості про постачання вугілля були досягнуті з адміністрацією США під час візиту президента України Петра Порошенка 20 червня до Вашингтона. Сполучені Штати стали джерелом постачання вугілля в Україну після того, як Росія захопила контроль над значними запасами вугілля на Донбасі.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Українські дипломати в Італії з’ясовують, чи є потерпілі внаслідок землетрусу українці

Українські дипломати з’ясовують, чи були українці серед потерпілих внаслідок землетрусу, що стався пізно ввечері 21 серпня в Італії.

За повідомленням Reuters, внаслідок землетрусу, що стався на острові Іскія біля Неаполя, загинули щонайменше двоє людей, кількадесят травмовані.

Національний інститут геофізики та вулканології Італії встановив магнітуду землетрусу на рівні 4,0, Геологічна служба США і Європейське агентство землетрусів оцінили це значення на рівні 4,3.

Майже рік тому, 24 серпня 2016-го, Італію сколихнула серія землетрусів, тоді під завалами загинули близько 300 людей. 25 тисяч громадян залишися без житла.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Trump: Continued US Presence in Afghanistan, Increased Pressure on Pakistan

After months of deliberation by the administration, President Donald Trump Monday evening unveiled his strategy for Afghanistan. VOA White House Bureau Chief Steve Herman reports Trump described a “condition-based approach” to defeating terrorism in the country and said the United States will no longer use its military to construct democracies or rebuild other countries in its own image.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Очільник Пентагону прибув до Іраку з неоголошеним візитом

Міністр оборони США Джим Маттіс 22 серпня прибув до Іраку з неоголошеним заздалегідь візитом. Це відбувається в час, коли іракські сили намагаються перебрати контроль над містом Тал-Афар, одним із останніх, захоплених екстремістським угрупованням «Ісламська держава».

Два дні тому сили безпеки Іраку, підтримані США, розпочали свій наступ на населений пункт, розташований приблизно за 80 кілометрів від Мосула та за 150 кілометрів від сирійського кордону.

Найбільше місто на півночі Іраку, Мосул, було звільнене в липні після дев’ятимісячної битви проти бойовиків. Це знаменувало найбільшу поразку екстремістської групи від часу її успіхів на півночі Іраку влітку 2014 року.

24 серпня на міністра оборони США Джима Маттіса чекають у Києві.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

America’s 16 Years in Afghanistan: From Success to Stalemate

Sixteen years of U.S. warfare in Afghanistan have left the insurgents as strong as ever and the nation’s future precarious. Facing a quagmire, President Donald Trump on Monday outlined his strategy for victory in a country that has historically snared great powers and defied easy solutions.

America’s longest-running war began well as U.S.-led forces quickly toppled the Taliban government and disrupted al-Qaida leaders who plotted the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks from Afghan soil. But the fighting never ended.

In recent years, security has gradually worsened as Taliban insurgents, enjoying sanctuary in Pakistan, have gained a foothold across the country. Afghanistan’s rampant heroin trade, official corruption and infighting among the nation’s elite have only compounded problems.

Trump is the third U.S. president to grapple with the Afghan challenge. A look at the phases of the U.S. involvement to date:

​Regime change

Less than a month after the 9/11 attacks, a massive U.S. air campaign targets al-Qaida fighters and Taliban troops, training camps and air defenses. Anti-Taliban forces of the Northern Alliance enter Kabul as the Taliban flee.

By December 2001, Afghan groups agree on a deal in Bonn, Germany, for an interim government.

With Afghanistan liberated from Taliban control, the U.S. military force grows to 2,500 as troops scour the mountainous Tora Bora region looking for al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. He eludes capture. Although President George W. Bush remains leery of supporting nation-building efforts in Afghanistan, the U.S. expands its counterterrorism operations. By the end of 2002, there are 9,700 U.S. troops in the country.

​Democracy and distraction

In November 2004, Hamid Karzai, who had served two years as interim leader, is the clear winner in Afghanistan’s first direct election for president. The Bush administration hails the vote as a key step in the nation’s transformation. Millions of girls return to school after being barred under the Taliban. As the country opens up, Western aid helps the economy grow, at least in urban areas.

But the Taliban, enjoying sanctuary in Pakistan, show signs of re-emergence, launching sporadic attacks on government forces in eastern Afghanistan. Although Karzai is an ethnic Pashtun, as were the bulk of Taliban recruits, his government alienates what is Afghanistan’s main ethnic group. Karzai’s administration is dominated by former commanders of the Northern Alliance.

U.S. troop numbers swell to 20,000, but Washington’s attention increasingly turns to Iraq. The U.S. invades in March 2003, toppling Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. It struggles with the aftermath. Soon Iraq is gripped by an explosion of sectarian violence that preoccupies Bush until he leaves office.

​More Western troops, more violence

In 2006, NATO assumes responsibility for security across the whole of Afghanistan, pumping troops into Taliban heartlands in the south of the country.

The U.S. ups its forces in the country to 30,000. Britain, Canada and others boost their contributions. But the violence and lawlessness worsen.

Production of opium, the raw material of heroin, soars to a record, funding the insurgency and fueling official corruption. Tensions grow between Afghanistan and Pakistan over cross-border Taliban attacks.

In the fall of 2008, Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Adm. Mike Mullen concedes, “I’m not sure we’re winning.”

Surge

President Barack Obama, vowing to refocus U.S. efforts in Afghanistan, enters office in 2009 endorsing shifts to a counterinsurgency strategy designed to protect Afghan civilians rather than hunt down Taliban.

He quickly sends in 21,000 more forces. After a prolonged policy review, Obama orders an additional surge, bringing troop levels to a high of 100,000 by August 2010. He says the U.S. will begin withdrawing forces by 2011. Critics say the drawdown date diminishes the incentive for the Taliban to negotiate for peace.

Bin Laden is killed in a U.S. special operations raid in Pakistan in March 2011.

Obama then presses ahead with plans to hand over security responsibilities to Afghanistan by 2014. By the end of that year, NATO ends its combat mission in the country. U.S. relations with Karzai, however, deteriorate. A contested election to replace Karzai introduces a more pro-U.S. leader in Ashraf Ghani, but his government is bitterly divided.

​No withdrawal

With violence reaching post-2001 highs and Afghan security forces taking heavy casualties, Obama backtracks on plans to withdraw all U.S. forces by the end of 2016.

He leaves office with 8,400 troops still in the country.

The U.S. kills new Taliban leader Mullah Mansour in a drone attack in Pakistan in May 2016, derailing peace talks. But on the battlefield, the Taliban are gaining and threaten provincial capitals in both the north and south. The Islamic State group gains a foothold in eastern Afghanistan.

Enter Trump

Trump says little about Afghanistan during his first seven months in office, while the military grows antsy.

The Pentagon proposes sending in nearly 4,000 more U.S. troops to increase training of Afghan forces and counterterrorism operations, but the administration is divided on strategy. Nearly everyone considers the fight a stalemate, and some in Trump’s administration propose withdrawing or handing over the entire American effort to private security contractors.

Among Afghans, anti-Western sentiment grows over deteriorating security, even in the capital, Kabul. The economy also suffers, partly as a result of a drawdown in foreign forces. As Trump is poised to announce his plan, Afghanistan’s government controls only about half of the country.

After months of debate, Trump finally unveils his strategy in a prime-time television address.

He says the U.S. will win in the end, defeating al-Qaida and IS fighters, and ensuring the government doesn’t fall to the Taliban. He refuses to provide troop increase numbers or timelines, saying military assistance would be determined by results and the cooperation of Afghanistan’s beleaguered government.