Daily Archives

25 Articles

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Trump Sues California Over Tax Return Law

U.S. President Donald Trump sued California on Tuesday over a new law requiring presidential candidates to release their tax returns to run in the state’s primary elections.The lawsuit, filed by Trump’s personal lawyers in federal court in Sacramento, argues the statute signed into law last week is unconstitutional because it sets up illegal new rules governing who can seek the presidency.The complaint also alleged that the law retaliates against Trump for his apolitical beliefs and therefore violates his right to free speech under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.The lawsuit follows a similar one filed by Judicial Watch, a Washington-based conservative legal group, on behalf of four voters registered in California – two Republicans, a Democrat and an independent.The Republican Party also filed a similar case on Tuesday.The measure requires presidential candidates to release five years of tax returns in order to appear on a nominating ballot in California, the most populous U.S. state. The bill passed both houses of California’s Democrat-controlled legislature and was signed by Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom last week.California Gov. Gavin Newsom addresses a news conference in Sacramento, Calif., July 23, 2019.Trump refused to release his tax returns during the 2016 campaign, bucking a practice followed by every presidential nominee for decades.Last month, the Democrat-controlled Ways and Means Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives sued the U.S. Treasury Department to force the release of Trump’s tax records.Democrats want the tax returns as part of their inquiry into possible conflicts of interest posed by Trump’s continued ownership of his extensive business interests.In New York, Governor Andrew Cuomo, also a Democrat, signed an amendment last month to a law requiring the state’s Department of Taxation and Finance to release any returns sought by the congressional committees.Both efforts have been rebuffed by Trump’s team. The president sued to block the New York law, and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has refused to hand Trump’s returns over to the Ways and Means Committee.An earlier version of the California law had been vetoed by Newsom’s predecessor Jerry Brown, a Democrat who expressed concerns over its constitutionality.”These are extraordinary times and states have a legal and moral duty to do everything in their power to ensure leaders seeking the highest offices meet minimal standards, and to restore public confidence,” Newsom said in a statement when he announced the bill signing last week.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Іран представив нові ракети власного виробництва

Іран представив три нові моделі високоточних керованих ракет класу «повітря – повітря» власного виробництва. Про це повідомляє агентство Irna.

Міністр оборони Ірану Амір Хатамі заявив, що снаряди можна встановлювати на винищувачах, вертольотах і безпілотники. Одна з моделей може вражати ціль на відстані більше 50 кілометрів.

 За словами Хатамі, нові розробки повинні продемонструвати «міць і гідність» Ірану.

ЗМІ зазначають, що презентація нового зброї відбулася на тлі чергового загострення відносин між Тегераном і Вашингтоном. У травні минулого року США в односторонньому порядку вийшли з так званої ядерної угоди. Слідом за цим Вашингтон відновив дію деяких санкцій відносно Ірану. Американська влада впевнена, що укладений три роки тому договір дозволяв іранцям отримати кошти на таємну розробку ядерної зброї. У Тегерані заперечують ці звинувачення.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Monitor: Turkish Court Prohibits 136 Websites

A Turkish court has banned 136 websites and social media accounts mainly belonging to organizations and people critical of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s government, a monitoring group said Tuesday, fueling criticism of state censorship.Bianet, a foreign-supported group focused on rights, said its site was among those affected by the July 16 ruling which it said it became aware of by “coincidence.” Others included critical news websites and pro-Kurdish social media accounts.Reuters could not independently verify the ruling, which was published online by Bianet, and neither court nor government officials could be immediately reached for comment.It was unclear when the ban, which cited national security concerns, was meant to take effect.Turkish-based internet users could access some of the sites on the list, but at least five appeared blocked.Critics say Erdogan has undermined democracy and human rights in Turkey, but the government denies that, saying it has acted justifiably against threats from militants at home and abroad, including a 2016 coup attempt.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Представники бойовиків «ЛНР» заявили свої права на Щастя – ЗМІ

Представники бойовиків незаконного збройного угруповання «ЛНР» Владислав Дейнего та Ольга Копцева 6 серпня під час візиту до Станиці Луганської заявили, що бойовики, нібито згідно з Мінськими домовленостями, мають контролювати і населений пункт Щастя. Про це повідомляє «5 канал», додаючи відео з місця подій.

На записі видно, що Дейнего та Копцева перейшли лінію розмежування та намагаються переконати голову адміністрації Станично-Луганського району Юрія Золкіна, ніби вони не зобов’язані триматися території, окресленої цією лінією.

Копцева пригрозила присутнім журналістам, що використає це відео на переговорах у Мінську, якщо його викладуть в мережу. Пізніше вона почала вимагати, щоб журналісти «розвернули камери на 180 градусів».

Дейнего та Копцева представляють бойовиків на переговорах у Мінську.

Раніше сьогодні керівник української сторони Спільного центру з контролю та координації питань припинення вогню та стабілізації лінії розмежування сторін Олександр Борщевський заявив, що головною причиною, чому не відбувається початок робіт з ремонту мосту в Станиці Луганській на Луганщині, є відсутність гарантій безпеки для українських фахівців з розмінування з боку підтримуваних Росією бойовиків угруповання «ЛНР».

Як повідомлялося до того, 1 серпня мали почати розміновувати територію біля мосту в Станиці Луганській.

1 серпня, як повідомив кореспондент Радіо Свобода, українських фахівців під сам міст і на територію з його боків представники угруповання «ЛНР» не пустили. Не змінилася ситуація і на наступний день. Однак того разу під мостом з’явилися фахівці з боку угруповання.

17 липня представник ОБСЄ Мартін Сайдік повідомив, що учасники переговорів із врегулювання ситуації на Донбасі домовилися про ремонт мосту через Сіверський Донець у Станиці Луганській.

На Луганщині діє тільки один пункт перетину через лінію розмежування – у КПВВ «Станиця Луганська». Він пішохідний. Дорога пролягає вздовж підірваного ще 2015 року мосту через Сіверський Донець.

На початку липня міст відвідав президент України Володимир Зеленський. Він заявив, що об’єкт можна відновити упродовж місяця.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Ukraine Calls for More Peace Talks After 4 Die in Eastern Donbass

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy urged the leaders of Russia, Germany and France to resume talks on a peaceful solution to the separatist conflict in Ukraine’s eastern Donbass region after four soldiers were killed in shelling Tuesday.Ukraine’s Defense Ministry said this was the highest death toll in a single day since last October. The shelling happened despite a cease-fire agreement reached with Russia-backed separatists last month.”The cease-fire lasted for 17 days. Today’s incident is aimed at undermining not only this truce but also the negotiation process as a whole,” Zelenskiy posted on his Facebook account.FILE – Russia-backed separatist fighters stand on artillery pieces, part of a unit moved away from the front lines, in Yelenovka, near Donetsk, Ukraine, Feb. 26, 2015.Conflict between Ukrainian troops and Russian-backed forces has killed 13,000 people since 2014. The Minsk agreement, involving Russia and Ukraine and brokered by France and Germany, ended major conflict in eastern Ukraine in 2015, although regular small-scale clashes have still cost lives.The four countries last met in 2016, but a definitive peace has proved elusive with Ukraine and Russia trading blame.Ukraine says the Kremlin does not want to fulfill its commitments to withdraw military staff and to stop providing separatists with weapons, money and forces. Russia also says that Ukraine is not honoring commitments.The Minsk agreement states that after a sustained cease-fire is in place the two sides should move toward a peaceful resolution, but one cease-fire after another has been violated.New President Zelenskiy came to power this year promising to end the conflict and offered talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin in a neutral venue.”Today the whole world has seen who does not want peace,” Zelenskiy said. “That is why I call on … Emmanuel Macron, Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin to come together as soon as possible to resume negotiations.”

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Звільнено політв’язня Стешенка, засудженого у 2018 році в окупованому Криму

В окупованому Криму звільнили політв’язня Олександра Стешенка, засудженого у 2018 році до двох років позбавлення волі у колонії-поселенні. Про це повідомив голова «Об’єднання родичів політв’язнів Кремля» Ігор Котельянець.

«Сьогодні ми в «Об’єднанні родичів політв’язнів Кремля цілий день чекали, затамувавши подих. Стешенка вивозили з Криму на материк. Це політв’язень, якого у 2018 ФСБ ув’язнило в Криму за начебто плани підпалити дім муфтія для залякування проросійськи налаштованих кримських татар та для нагнітання міжнаціональної ворожнечі», – мовиться у повідомленні.

Котельянець додав, що Стешенка звільнили за процедурою умовно-дострокового звільнення. Його доправили додому, в Харків.

У серпні 2018 року підконтрольний Кремлю Центральний районний суд Сімферополя засудив харків’янина Олександра Стешенка до двох років позбавлення волі з відбуванням покарання в колонії-поселенні. Стешенка визнали винним у підпалі будинку муфтія Еміралі Аблаєва.

12 квітня активісти з громадської ініціативи «Крим SOS» з посиланням на матір українця харків’янина Олександра Стешенка повідомили, що російські силовики затримали його на пункті пропуску «Чонгар» на в’їзді до анексованого Росією Криму.

За інформацією активістів, 14 квітня адвокат Стешенку в пошуках свого підзахисного відвідав прикордонне управління ФСБ Росії в Криму в Сімферополі. Співробітники управління підтвердили, що Стешенко перебуває у них, а потім ФСБ Росії почала заперечувати затримання харків’янина.

Пізніше російські силовики заявили, що нібито припинили в Криму діяльність екстремістської групи, створеної помічником депутата Верховної Ради України Мустафи Джемілєва Еролом Велієвим, до якої нібито входив Стешенко.

Силовики також стверджували, що в ході слідства Стешенко повністю визнав свою провину і клопотав про особливий порядок судового розгляду. Тому кримінальне переслідування проти нього за статтею «створення екстремістського співтовариства» припинили у зв’язку з «каяттям».

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Bolton: New Sanctions Allow US to Sanction Supporters of Venezuelan Government

U.S. National Security Advisor John Bolton said one day after the U.S. placed a full economic embargo against Venezuela the U.S. can now sanction anyone who supports the government of President Nicolas Maduro.U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order Monday to freeze all Venezuelan government assets in the U.S. — the toughest sanctions on Maduro’s government so far.In a speech Tuesday in Lima, Peru at a summit on Venezuela, Bolton said the U.S. is “sending a signal to third parties that want to do business with the Maduro regime: proceed with extreme caution. There is no need to risk your business interests with the United States for the purposes of profiting from a corrupt and dying regime.”Bolton called on world leaders at the International Conference on Democracy in Venezuela to take tougher action to oust Maduro, whom he accused pretending to negotiate in good faith in order to buy time.”The time for dialog is over. Now is the time for action,” Bolton said. “Maduro is at the end of rope.”Bolton also touted the success of previous economic embargoes in Panama and Nicaragua and denounced China’s and Russia’s support for Maduro.”We say again to Russia, and especially to those who control its finances: Do not double down on on a bad bet. To China, which is already desperate to recoup its financial losses, the quickest route to getting repaid is to support a new legitimate government.”The Venezuelan government responded to the new sanctions Tuesday, describing them as a “grave aggression” that will lead to “the failure of political dialog.”Maduro’s government also said the economic embargo is meant to “formalize the criminal economic, financial and commercial blockade” of Venezuela and “strangle” its population.The head of Russia’s upper house international affairs committee, Konstantin Kosachev, said the U.S. action amounts to “international banditry” and represents an “open meddling into Venezuela’s international affairs.”With the tougher sanctions, Venezuela joins Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Syria as the only other countries under a similar full U.S. embargo.The U.S. has been increasing the economic and diplomatic pressure on Maduro, who has refused to give up power despite a popular uprising against his authoritarian government.Trump said last week he is considering a blockade or quarantine of Venezuela. He gave no details of such plans but has always said military action in Venezuela remains on the table.Russia and Cuba have already sent forces to Venezuela in support of Maduro.The U.S. was the first of about 50 countries to recognize opposition leader Juan Guaido as the legitimate president of Venezuela, after he used his constitutional power as National Assembly leader to declare Maduro’s presidency illegitimate.Guaido claimed Maduro’s re-election last year was fraudulent. He led a popular uprising against Maduro earlier this year.The collapse in world energy prices, corruption and failed socialist policies have wrecked oil-rich Venezuela’s economy and millions have fled the country amid severe shortages of fuel, quality medical care and many food staples.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Trump Trade Adviser Navarro Calls on Fed To Cut Rates Further

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro on Monday called on the U.S. Federal Reserve to cut interest rates by another three-quarters of a point to full point by end of year to bring U.S. rates into line to with rates elsewhere.”The Federal Reserve before the end of the year has to lower interest rates by at least another 75 basis points or 100 basis points to bring interest rates here in America in line with the rest of the world,” Navarro told Fox News. “We have just too big a spread between our rates and that costs us jobs.”