Monthly Archives

694 Articles

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Italian Bodybuilder, Actor Columbu Dies at 78 

Italian bodybuilder, boxer and actor Franco Columbu, one of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s closest friends, has died at age 78. 
 
Columbu died in a hospital in his native Sardinia on Friday afternoon after becoming ill while he was swimming in the sea. 
 
His longtime friend Schwarzenegger tweeted:I love you Franco. I will always remember the joy you brought to my life, the advices you gave me, and the twinkle in your eye that never disappeared. You were my best friend. https://t.co/X3GhZKlgAd— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) August 30, 2019 After starting his career as a boxer, Columbu progressed into Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting and later bodybuilding, winning the prestigious title of Mr. Olympia in 1976 and 1981. 
 
Besides his athletic career, Columbu also acted in popular TV series and movies. He appeared in Schwarzenegger’s films The Terminator, The Running Man and Conan the Barbarian.  
  
Columbu was Schwarzenegger’s best man at his marriage to Maria Shriver in 1986. 

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Erdogan Vows Syria Operation if US Falls Short in Safe Zone

Turkey’s president threatened Saturday to launch a unilateral offensive into northeastern Syria if plans to establish a so-called safe zone along Turkey’s border fail to meet his expectations, including a demand that Turkish soldiers control the corridor. 
 
Speaking to graduates of a military academy in Istanbul, Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the U.S. had up to three weeks to satisfy Turkish demands. 
 
Earlier in August, Turkish and U.S. officials agreed to set up the zone east of the Euphrates River. Ankara wants U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish fighters, considered terrorists by Turkey, to pull back from the border. 
 
If our soldiers do not start to control the area actively, we will have no choice but to activate our own operational plans,'' Erdogan said. 
 
Turkey has been pressing to control — in coordination with the U.S. — a 19-25-mile (30-40-kilometer) zone within civil war-ravaged Syria, running east of the Euphrates all the way to the border with Iraq. Temporary accord
 
On Friday, Erdogan said Turkish officials had
temporarily” agreed to a safe zone proposed by the U.S. that was narrower than 20 miles (32 kilometers). 
 
The two countries set up a joint operations center in Turkey’s border province of Sanliurfa this month and started helicopter patrols. But Turkish officials have repeatedly vowed to go it alone if the U.S. delays safe zone plans. 
 
Turkey sees the Syrian Kurdish fighters, who make up most of the Syrian Democratic Forces, as an extension of a Kurdish insurgency within Turkey. American troops are stationed in northeast Syria, along with the Kurdish forces, and they have fought the Islamic State group together. The differing positions on the Kurdish fighters have become a major source of tension between NATO allies Turkey and the U.S. 
 
Erdogan said his visit to New York in September for the U.N. General Assembly, where he’s expected to meet President Donald Trump, would be a “last chance” before a Turkish offensive. 

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Баскетбол 3х3: жіноча збірна вийшла до чвертьфіналу Чемпіонату Європи

Жіноча збірна України з баскетболу 3х3 пробилася у плей-оф Чемпіонату Європи, повідомляє кореспондент Радіо Свобода 31 серпня.

В угорському Дебрецені триває континентальна першість з баскетболу 3х3, де боротьбу за нагороди розпочали Ганна Ольховик, Крістіна Філевич, Євгенія Спітковська та Ганна Зарицька.

Зустріч проти збірної Данії завершилася перемогою «синьо-жовтих» – 19:9. А ось найкращих у матчі з командою Нідерландів вдалося виявити лише в овертаймі. Збірна України поступилася – 13:14.

 

Проте за результатами двох матчів «синьо-жовті» очолили групу D і вийшли до чвертьфіналу Чемпіонату Європи з першого місця.

У наступному етапі жіноча збірна України зіграє проти команди Латвії. Матч розпочнеться 1 вересня о 14:40 за київським часом.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Зеленський: якщо уряд не знизить вартість комунальних послуг, «будемо прощатися»

Новий уряд повинен знизити вартість комунальних послуг для населення, інакше президент Володимир Зеленський ініціює його розпуск. Про це Зеленський заявив в інтерв’ю з нагоди 100 днів свого президентства на каналі «1+1» .

«Задача така поставлена новому уряду: вони повинні показати модель, і якщо моделі не буде зменшення комуналки, будемо прощатися з урядом. Все, що вони зможуть, вони зроблять», – сказав він.

Зеленський уточнив, що власне ціна комунальних послуг може лишатися такою ж, але тоді мають зрости доходи.

Читайте також: Чому в ОРДЛО дешева комуналка? Пояснюємо головний «плюс» окупації (рос.)​

«Питання не в тому, яка ціна комуналки, питання – який відсоток від того, що людина отримує, пенсію чи заробітну плату, вона сплачує за комуналку… Комуналка може бути й такою ж, тому що є ринкові ціни і таке інше – тоді збільшуємо пенсії, субсидії, заробітну плату. Тобто ми говоримо про відсоток, не може 50%, 70%, 80% чи 90% від тієї суми, яку отримує людина, вона не може сплачувати за комуналку», – стверджує президент.

Він уточнив, що Кабінет міністрів знає про його позицією і «щось готує».

За Конституцією, Верховна Рада за пропозицією президента може ухвалити резолюцію недовіри до уряду своєю конституційною більшістю. Це може статися не раніше ніж за рік після схвалення програми уряду.

Верховна Рада проголосувала за новий склад Кабінету міністрів під керівництвом Олексія Гончарука 29 серпня. 

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

В Офісу президента немає варіанту переїзду з Банкової – Богдан

Офіс президента наразі не має варіанту переїзду з Банкової о Українського дому – про це глава ОП Андрій Богдан повідомив у проєкті «100 днів президента» на каналі «1+1».

«Ми не можемо знайти на сьогоднішній день варіант переїзду. Була абсолютно логічна інструкція переїзду в Український дім з розміщенням тут музею. Але дійсно час проведення там ремонтних робіт плюс всі ці системи секретності, зв’язку, безпеки – це настільки все складно, що немає змісту це робити як тимчасовий», – заявив Богдан.

В тому ж інтерв’ю перший помічник президента Володимира Зеленського Сергій Шефір висловив думку, що переїзд до Українського дому, раніше запланований президентом, не на часі.

«Не на часі – але це особисто моя думка. І немає таких пропозицій, щоб усі сказали – так, це супер-пропозиція, це недорого, красиво і там зручно», – сказав він.

Читайте також: Він буде виконувати те, що йому скажуть на Банковій – Щербина про нового прем’єра​

На початку серпня заступник голови ОП Кирило Тимошенко заявив про «певні складнощі» з раніше анонсованим переїздом президентського апарату до Українського дому.

18 квітня на той час кандидат у президенти України Володимир Зеленський заявив, що «дуже хоче», щоб Адміністрацію президента перенесли з Банкової. «Я сказав своїм хлопцям: «Шукайте якийсь open space», якийсь unit цікавий», – розповів Зеленський в інтерв’ю виданню «РБК-Україна».

Згодом команда президента запропонувала перенести офіс голови держави в Український дім на Європейській площі, яка розташована неподалік від урядового кварталу. Це п’ятиповерхова будівля з великим простором посередині. Вона була музеєм більшовицького ватажка Володимира Леніна аж до занепаду Радянського Союзу і незалежності України 1991 року.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Thousands March in Moscow Protest Defying Authorities

Current Time TV is a Russian-language network led by RFE/RL in cooperation with VOA.
MOSCOW — Thousands of Russians defied authorities and marched in central Moscow, ignoring officials’ warnings and pressing demands to let independent candidates run in upcoming city council elections.Police did not interfere with the August 31 protest, which was markedly smaller than previous ones.However, camouflaged officers linked arms to keep marchers out of the road when demonstrators arrived at Pushkin Square — a symbolically important public park closer to the Kremlin. A heavy presence of detention buses and water-cannon trucks were visible on nearby side streets.Neither police nor independent watchdogs reported any arrests or detentions from the action — in contrast to other recent protests in which thousands were detained, sometimes violently.The August 31 action was the latest in a series of confrontations between liberal activists, and Moscow city authorities — and the Kremlin.Demonstrators clapped and chanted “Russia Will Be Free!” and “Down With The Tsar!” (in a reference to President Vladimir Putin, who has been in power in Russia for two decades), as they walked along a leafy boulevard just a few kilometers north of the Kremlin.A leading opposition figure and one of the organizers of the march, Lyubov Sobol, led people chanting “Freedom For Political Prisoners.””People of different ages have come out because everyone wants justice. They want Russia to be free and happy and to not drown in lawlessness and mayhem. We demand this and we will not back down,” she told reporters.At Pushkin Square, the ending point for the march, participants milled around, occasionally yelling political chants. One group entered the crowd carrying a large banner citing the clause in the constitution that gives Russians the right to gather peacefully, and yelled “We Need Another Russia!”Unofficial estimates put the crowd size in the low thousands.Protesters also yelled “Let Them Through!” as they marched — a reference to the City Duma elections scheduled for Sept. 8.The refusal by election officials to register some independent candidates has been the impetus for the protests that have been held weekly since mid-July.However, they’ve also turned into a major challenge for the Kremlin and a reflection of growing impatience among Russians with President Vladimir Putin.The weekly protests first erupted in July as election authorities blocked some independent candidates from registering to run on September 8.The initial rallies drew tens of thousands of people in some of the largest political demonstrations seen in the country since 2012. Some, though not all, were authorized by officials ahead of time.Police have violently dispersed several of the earlier demonstrations, some of which authorities described as “illegal mass gatherings.” More than 2,000 people have been detained, some preemptively, drawing international condemnation. 

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Georgian Deputy FM: Russia Exclusively to Blame Over Latest Tensions

This story originated in Russian military vehicles and personnel are reportedly seen from a birds-eye view near the village of Chorchana, Khashuri municipality, Georgia. (Social media)Georgian police had quickly erected the tower after observing the “mobilization of military equipment and personnel” by Russia near the village of Chorchana, in Georgian territory, about three kilometers south of territory controlled by the Russian-backed South Ossetian de facto authorities.Russia has been engaged in a process of “borderization” in the Gori region, where the Russia-Georgia War happened in 2008. The Russian occupation forces have been erecting fences and other barriers to separate land it occupies from the remainder of Georgian territory.VOA footage shot from the Georgian police observation post Friday morning shows a partially constructed barrier along the edge of Chorchana. The new Russian barrier is the first in the Khashuri region. Georgian police set up the observation tower overlooking the wall construction site to determine whether it crossed into Georgian-controlled land, which would physically expand the footprint of Russian-occupied territory.Pro-Russian separatists have objected to the police presence, saying the observation tower is right next to a village on South Ossetian territory called Uista, known as Tsnelisi in Georgia.
Georgian Checkpoint video player.
Embed” />CopyGeorgian Checkpoint”I hope Georgia … will do everything to resolve the instability they caused by their illegal actions,” the breakaway region’s leader, Anatoly Bibilov, was quoted as saying by Russian agencies. “Resolving this issue by force would be highly undesirable.”Georgia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Lasha Darsalia says no law has been broken.”Our position is that this is central government-controlled territory, and the Georgian government is not considering any withdrawal of the police position from the area,” he told VOA’s Georgian Service in an exclusive interview Friday. “At the same time, we all have to work together toward the de-escalation process.”Russia in ‘full control’Darsalia also said that, despite the fact that it is de facto authorities of the breakaway region who are protesting the Georgian police presence, is only Moscow that is responsible for the situation on the ground.”I want to highlight that I really don’t distinguish de facto authorities from the only one [Russia], which has full responsibility for the situation and de-escalation processes there,” he said. “The Russian Federation is the one who exercises full control of these territories. This is important to highlight.”
Chorchana Border Buildup video player.
Embed” />CopyChorchana Border BuildupHe also said the situation on the ground, while still tense, was currently “more calm as compared to this morning.”The Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned Russia’s mobilization of military equipment in the conflict zone and in a tweet called the latest actions “yet another provocation.”Statement of @MFAgovge.The Ministry expresses concern about mobilisation of military equipment and personnel by t/occupation forces at t/occupation line, close to village Chorchana. such actions represent yet another provocation https://t.co/64naQNC4Xz— MFA of Georgia (@MFAgovge) August 29, 2019Earlier Friday, Kakha Kemoklidze, Georgia’s National Security Council chief of staff, told VOA “this is an average incident that requires a pragmatic, calm approach, and activation of all diplomatic means at our disposal.”The village of Chorchana — before and after the 2008 Russia-Georgia war — was in territory controlled by the government of Georgia,” he added. “On this territory, the EU monitoring mission, as well as Georgian police mobile patrol units, were conducting operations with varying intensity.” Kemoklidze said the statement by the Russian-backed South Ossetian authorities that “Georgian police have ‘started to appear’ is not newsworthy: Georgian police have always been present here, although there was no permanent observation point.”Kemoklidze also said he anticipates that “we can resolve this through a dialogue — at least, that is the great desire of the Georgian government.”On Thursday, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) had said in a statement that “recent developments along the administrative boundary line had negatively impacted the overall security situation.”Tensions in this region escalated in August 2008, when Russia invaded South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and penetrated deeper into Georgian territory, before agreeing to an EU-brokered cease-fire. Shortly after the invasion, Russia recognized these territories as independent states, as did Syria, Venezuela, Nicaragua and Nauru sometime later.No other countries recognize the independence of these territories, and instead consider Russia’s ongoing military presence as an “illegal occupation” of 20% of Georgia’s sovereign territory.The U.S. State Department has issued multiple statements over the preceding two weeks saying that it has been “monitoring reports of military buildup” in the area and calling on Russia to “prevent further escalation.”We are monitoring reports of military buildup near the administrative boundary line (ABL) of the Russian-occupied Georgian region of South Ossetia. We call on the Russian Federation to utilize all available channels to prevent further escalation of the situation along the ABL. pic.twitter.com/fLXUdX3TSZ— Morgan Ortagus (@statedeptspox) August 30, 2019

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

В Гонконзі тривають сутички між поліцією та учасниками забороненого маршу

Великі групи протестувальників зібралися та пройшли маршем у центрі Гонконгу 31 серпня, попри попередню заборону влади міста на проведення акції.

Між ними та поліцейськими виникли жорсткі сутички: мітингарі кидали в правоохоронців коктейлями Молотова, ті, своєю чергою, застосовували сльозогінний газ та водяні гармати.

Протистояння між активістами та владою 31 серпня виявилося найбільш агресивним за весь 12-тижневий період протестів. Воно почалося з того, що чиновники відхилили заявку на марш на честь п’ятої річниці з того дня, як Китай заборонив виборчу реформу в Гонконгу.

Напередодні ЗМІ повідомляли, що активісти влаштували масовий перегляд документального фільму про Революцію гідності 2014 року в Україні «Зима у вогні» 29 серпня. Після цього поліція заарештувала лідерів протесту: Джошуа Вонга, Агнес Чоу та Енді Чена. Згодом їх відпустили під заставу.

Протести в Гонконгу спалахнули понад два з половиною місяці тому з вимогами не ухвалювати законопроект місцевої влади, що міг призвести до видачі мешканців Гонконгу для судів чи відбування покарань до решти Китаю. Після скасування законопроекту їхні учасники розширили вимоги, домагаючись відновлення повної демократії і незалежного розслідування ймовірних зловживань поліції проти демонстрантів.

Ці протести стали в Гонконгу найбільшою кризою з часу переходу регіону під владу Китаю 1997 року і вважаються значним викликом для комуністичної влади в Пекіні. Це питання, серед інших, мають обговорити лідери країн «Групи семи» на саміті, що триває цими днями у Франції.

Нині Гонконг має у складі Китаю широку автономію і досі ще значною мірою зберігає відсутній у решті Китаю демократичний лад із часів, коли ця територія була британською колонією до 1997 року.