your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Trump Veto of F-35s for Turkey Could Force Ankara to Buy Russian Aircraft 

U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to block the sale of the advanced F-35 jet to Turkey means Ankara may look elsewhere to replace its aging air force.Trump’s veto in response to Turkey’s acquisition of Russian missiles could prompt Ankara to turn to Moscow again.Trump’s announcement followed the first deliveries of Russia’s S-400 air defense missile system to Turkey. Washington had repeatedly warned Ankara that the S-400’s advanced radar could compromise the F-35 stealth technology, making delivery of the jet impossible.However, Trump’s decision appears to have taken Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by surprise.FILE – U.S. President Donald Trump, left, shakes hands with Russian President Vladimir Putin, right, as Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, second right, looks on, in Osaka, Japan, June 29, 2019.”Tayyip Erdogan really trusted Trump,” said international relations professor Huseyin Bagci of Ankara’s Middle East Technical University. “In last month’s G-20 meeting in Japan, they were sitting together and Trump [was] saying it’s easy to do business with this these guys.”It created the expectation that he will prevent the embargo on the F-35, but Trump gave into strong domestic pressure,” he added.In a statement issued late Wednesday, Turkey’s foreign ministry called the decision to exclude it from the F-35 program a mistake, dismissing the Pentagon’s concerns.FILE – Two Russian Air Force Sukhoi SU-57 warplanes are seen in a July 23, 2017, photo.Su-57 buyers sought Rostec is urgently looking for buyers of the Su-57 since India pulled out of the project. Moscow initially was able to buy a handful of the expensive planes, although last month it ordered another 76.However, analysts warn any move by Ankara to further deepen its dependence on Russian weapons would further strain its relations with its NATO partners. NATO has voiced strong concerns about Turkey’s purchase of two batteries of S-400 missiles.A significant procurement of advanced Russian jets could push Turkey’s NATO’s ties to a breaking point.”Logically, it’s possible you can buy S-400, you can buy Russian fighter bombers,” Haldun Solmazturk, head of the Ankara-based 21st Century Turkey Institute, said.”But this would require a fundamental political decision,” he added, “not just the Turkish government, but including Turkish parliament, Turkish public. This would be a national decision similar in 1946 when Turkey opposed the Soviet Union and applied to join NATO in 1949.”Such a decision would be equally important, equally critical. It would be a junction point in Turkish political, military history,” Solmazturk said.However, given that Erdogan appears to have been wrong-footed by Trump’s vetoing of F-35s, analysts suggest Ankara is most likely scrambling to form a new strategy.”We have got to this point by a series of diplomatic accidents, not by intention,” Bagci said. “The Turkish mind is confused. There is no clear mind in the heads of Turkish politicians. Erdogan, his defense and foreign ministers, this trio have to talk now on what to do. There is always the possibility to keep the channels open to Washington to find a solution.”Otherwise, it’s bye-bye, Washington relations and NATO,” he said. 

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Brother of Manchester Bomber Extradited from Libya  to Britain  

The brother of the suicide bomber responsible for killing 22 people at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester has been extradited from Libya to Britain. Hashem Abedi, 22, was arrested after he landed at a London airport on Wednesday. Salman Abedi, who detonated the bomb at the end of the concert in May 2017, died in the explosion, which also wounded more than 500 people, many of them teenagers. British authorities have sought Hashem’s extradition for nearly two years, saying he was involved in planning the lethal attack.Libyan police arrested Hashem, who was then 18, and his father after the attack in Britain. Hashem told investigators that both he and his brother belonged to the Islamic State group and that he knew about the attack. The father was not charged and was later released.The Abedi family fled Libya during the rule of dictator Moammar Gadhafi. The brothers grew up in Manchester but moved back to Libya in 2017. But after just three weeks there, Salman returned to Manchester and within days, carried out the attack on the Manchester Arena.Hashem faces charges of murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to cause an explosion likely to endanger life.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Спалах еболи у Конго отримав надзвичайний міжнародний статус

Міжнародну надзвичайну ситуацію в сфері охорони здоров’я оголосили через смертельний вірус еболи на північному сході Конго, де хвороба поширилася до 2-мільйонного міста Гома, неподалік від кордону з Руандою.

Всесвітня організація охорони здоров’я 17 липня оголосила глобальне попередження, до якого не так часто вдається. Це сталося тому, що з серпня минулого року від надзвичайно заразного вірусу померли майже 1700 людей, що є другим за масштабами спалахом захворювання в історії.

В ході численних перевірок вірус був виявлений переважно у двох провінціях на північному сході Конго.

У своєму звіті ВООЗ висловила стурбованість, що «через рік після спалаху з’являються тривожні ознаки можливого поширення епідемії».

Ця декларація є лише п’ятим оголошенням про надзвичайний стан із введення такого формулювання ВООЗ у 2005 році.

Вірус еболи може швидко поширюватися і смертельний в 90% випадків. Серед симптомів є лихоманка, блювота, діарея, біль у м’язах. Часто поширюється при тісному контакті з біологічними рідинами людей, у яких проявляються симптоми, а також через брудні предмети. Часто на ризик захворіти наражаються працівники медичних установ.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Protesters Arrested Trying to Stop Giant Hawaii Telescope

Police have begun arresting protesters gathered at the base of Hawaii’s tallest volcano, Mauna Kea, to stop the construction of a giant telescope on what they say is their most sacred ground.Protest leader Kealoha Pisciotta told The Associated Press that police had arrested 30 elders, called kupuna in Hawaiian, on Wednesday.  Some of the elders used canes and strollers to walk, while others were taken in wheelchairs to police vans. Those who could walk on their own were led away with their hands in zip ties.The elders were among about 2,000 people blocking the road to the summit of Mauna Kea in an attempt to stop construction material and workers from reaching the top. The $1.4 billion Thirty Meter Telescope is expected to be one of the world’s most advanced. Opponents of the the telescope say it will desecrate sacred land. According to the University of Hawaii, ancient Hawaiians considered the location kapu, or forbidden. Only the highest-ranking chiefs and priests were allowed to make the long trek to Mauna Kea’s summit above the clouds.Supporters of the telescope, however, say it will not only make important scientific discoveries but bring educational and economic opportunities to Hawaii. The company behind the telescope is made up of a group of universities in California and Canada, with partners from China, India and Japan.  Astronomers hope the telescope will help them look back 13 billion years to the time, just after the Big Bang, and answer fundamental questions about the universe.

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Air Force ‘Highly’ Discourages People From Storming Area 51

The U.S. Air Force has a warning for the more than 1 million people who have signed up to “storm Area 51″ in search of aliens as part of an internet joke that has gone viral. “Any attempt to illegally access the area is highly discouraged,” the Air Force said in a statement Wednesday. The Air Force said it does not discuss its security measures and that the test and training range, known as Area 51, provides “flexible, realistic and multidimensional battle space” for testing and “advanced training in support of U.S. national interests.”The Facebook event “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All Of Us,” invites people to attempt to run into the mysterious site at 3 a.m. September 20. “If we Naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets,” the event description says, referring to a Japanese manga character known for running with his arms stretched out backward and his head forward. Area 51 is part of the vast Nevada Test and Training Range. It has been the subject of conspiracy theories that say the U.S. military keeps aliens and UFOs there.After decades of government officials refusing to acknowledge Area 51, the CIA released declassified documents in 2013 referring to the 20,700-square-kilometer installation by name and locating it on a map near the dry Groom Lake bed. 

your ad here
Posted by Worldkrap on

Russia Extends Ukraine Sailors’ Detention Amid Prisoner Swap Talks

A Russian court on Wednesday prolonged the detention of 24 Ukrainian sailors captured last year near Crimea, in the midst of sensitive prisoner-swap talks between the two ex-Soviet neighbors.Moscow’s Lefortovsky district court ruled that the sailors must stay in detention for an extra three months until Oct. 24. After the hearings, the sailors were escorted out of the courtroom by masked security officers as relatives and supporters applauded. Some wiped away tears.Relatives sported yellow bracelets bearing the names of the sailors, who face up to six years in prison on charges of illegally crossing Russian borders.In the cramped courtroom, the sailors, who have described themselves as “prisoners of war”, were held in a metal-barred cage reserved for defendants. Olena Zerkal, Ukrainian deputy foreign minister, condemned the extension of the sailors’ detention, saying it only complicated “diplomats’ complicated work” amid the current negotiations.The Ukrainians have been imprisoned since their three vessels were seized off Crimea last November, the most dangerous direct clash between Russia and Ukraine in years.This combination of photos created on July 11, 2019, shows Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky.Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukraine’s new leader Volodymyr Zelensky discussed a possible prisoner swap during their first phone call last week.Zelensky said Wednesday that an exchange of all Ukrainian prisoners held in Russia and also areas held by pro-Russian separatists  for all Russian prisoners held in Ukraine  would happen, “starting with the sailors.”In Kyiv on Tuesday, Vadym Prystaiko, a senior presidential official, had said that Ukraine and Russia had agreed to exchange a certain number of prisoners over the next month. Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said earlier Wednesday that the prisoner swap was “on the agenda.”‘Keep hoping'”I am ready to wait for as long as needed as long as this ends well,” Natalya Mokryak, mother of the commander of one of the detained vessels, Roman Mokryak, said in court.”They haven’t done anything wrong,” added Iryna Guzhanska, whose husband Yury Budzylo is also among the prisoners.”We keep hoping,” she told AFP before the hearing began. Lawyer Nikolai Polozov, who heads the defense team, and Ukraine’s rights ombudsman Lyudmyla Denysova, who attended the hearing, said Russia and Ukraine were negotiating a possible prisoner exchange. They declined to discuss any details.Speaking ahead of the hearing, Polozov said Russia would likely extend the sailors’ detention “as a maneuver to exercise control.”On Tuesday, Denysova and her Russian counterpart Tatyana Moskalkova exchanged lists of prisoners. Kyiv’s list consists of “150 cases,” Denysova has said. Among the most prominent Ukrainian prisoners held in Russia is Oleg Sentsov, who is a serving a 20-year sentence in a Russian penal colony in the north.Last year, he went on a hunger strike and went 145 days without solid food.’Lack of political will’He suggested that Moscow may release the sailors at some point after Sunday’s parliamentary elections in Ukraine.”I am hoping that the sailors could be released before the trial starts,” Polozov told reporters.”The only thing that separates the sailors from their freedom is a lack of political will of the Russian leadership.”But the defense team also did not rule out that the sailors would have to be tried first before they could be exchanged.Lawyer Ilya Novikov told AFP that the trial could start in September and last until November. He said it could be held in Russia-annexed Crimea, a move that would complicate access to the hearings for diplomats and journalists.He suggested that the prisoner-swap negotiations might be failing to gain traction.”No one wants to make the first move,” he said.U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine Negotiations Kurt Volker, third from left, meets with Ukrainian troops at an undisclosed location near Popasna, Donbas region, Ukraine, May 15, 2018. (M. Gongadze/VOA)On Tuesday, U.S. special envoy to Ukraine, Kurt Volker, encouraged Russia to agree to a prisoner exchange with Kyiv.”If successful, it will be the result of direct engagement between Presidents Zelensky and Putin,” he tweeted.In November, Russia opened fire on three Ukrainian navy vessels as they tried to pass through the Kerch Strait from the Black Sea to the Sea of Azov.The two countries have been locked in a confrontation since 2014 when Moscow annexed Crimea and supported an insurgency in eastern Ukraine. More than 10,000 people have been killed in the conflict. 

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Одна дитина загинула через зсув піску на Рівненщині – ДСНС

Одна дитина загинула через зсув піску поблизу Ясногірки на Рівненщині, повідомила Державна служба України з надзвичайних ситуацій.

У відомстві розповіли, що інцидент стався на території піщаного кар’єру. Хлопчика 2009 року народження дістали місцеві жителі, його шпиталізували.

Тіло другої дитини знайшли через кілька годин.

your ad here
Posted by Ukrap on

Клуб українця Реброва вийшов до наступного раунду кваліфікації Ліги чемпіонів

Угорський «Ференцварош» під керівництвом українця Сергія Реброва вийшов до другого раунду кваліфікації Ліги чемпіонів.

Чемпіони Угорщини 17 липня здолали на виїзді болгарський «Лудогорець» – 2:3. Один із голів за «Ференцварош» забив українець Ігор Харатін. Перший матч між командами закінчився з рахунком 2:1 на користь угорців.

У другому раунді кваліфікації «Ференцварош» зустрінеться з мальтійською «Валлеттою».

Ребров став головним тренером «Ференцвароша» у 2018 році. У свій перший сезон в Угорщині він здобув титул чемпіона країни.